Our Yorkshire Christmas Fair will once again be returning in 2018. Click here for more information on why exhibit and what we offer.
Visitor numbers have grown over the years at our Christmas Fair in Yorkshire and we expect around 5,000 per day at each event, totalling over 20,000 shoppers over the critical period before Christmas. Our visitor profile is 80% female, over 35 ABC1, targeted through the prestigious lifestyle publication Living North magazine, regional press, inserts and listings in national titles and on websites.
As publishers of regional magazines of the ﬁnest quality, wherever possible we feature our exhibitors within the pages of the magazines as additional marketing support. In order to ensure you obtain a favoured position you are advised to contact us and book early.
York Racecourse is an ideal venue for a large Christmas shopping fair with ample free parking, easy access from major motorways and A roads, excellent train links to concentrated centres of population, and a first class reputation as venues for events.
- The Living North Christmas Fair is the most established and prestigious Christmas shopping event in the North.
- Living North has an unrivalled reputation as the event organisers who go the extra mile. We provide our exhibitors with the best possible opportunity to showcase their goods to a discerning audience.
- Full regional and national media campaign to ensure strong visitor attendance and maximum potential press coverage at the Fair itself.
- Potential coverage including listing of your product/business in issues of the acclaimed lifestyle magazine, Living North, and in the Fair Programme, subject to prior deadline.
- The opportunity to launch your own product to the press and your target market.
- Free inclusion on the Living North website with a link to your site if required.
- Through our website and e-letter we offer our subscribers and VIPs special offers and give our exhibitors privileged access to promote selected goods, services and events to this affluent audience.
- We promote our exhibitors and their products on social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. We also have an excess of 36,000 social media followers.
What We Offer
Living North has a readership of 100,000 per edition (North East and Yorkshire). Both the magazines and the Living North Fairs attract an affluent audience from all over the North East, Cumbria, The Scottish Borders and Yorkshire. The fairs are supported by potential features and editorial in Living North and also in the regional press, and inserts in national titles such as the Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday and the Saturday edition of The Telegraph.
Promotional campaigns to support the fairs also include:
- Social networking
- E letter which reaches 52,000 voluntary recipients
- Direct mailing
- Working with advertising and sponsors and local businesses
- Key media partnerships with local food groups, tourism organisations, radio, local press and other media
We also offer a number of complimentary tickets to exhibitors for customers, family and friends, a supply of publicity leaflets, free stand cleaning, an unrivalled porter service from car to stand, and the chance to win Best Stand.
Terms & Conditions
All new exhibitors must give details of a website or email images of products.
The Living North Fair Committee will review your application and contact you with the outcome of their decision. Every application has to be reviewed which may regrettably lead to some rejections. Living North Magazine accepts no responsibility or liability for the inaccuracy of any information contained herein. Furthermore, none of the particulars contained herein form any part of an offer or contract.
Exhibitors must ensure they keep within the stand that they have ordered. Living North reserve the right to remove any products that are presented outside of the stand due to health and safety precautions.
Food Exhibitors: Food sold is not for general consumption at the event. Food exhibitors are charged for one trestle table (a 6ft frontage), if you require more frontage we must be notified and you will be charged for the extra space. Any food exhibitor that does not notify us and sets up outside of the allocated space will be asked to remove the products and may be asked to leave the show.
I accept that whilst my stand preference will be taken into account, final stand allocation is the decision of the Living North Fair Committee. Floorplans may be subject to change.
Under no circumstances must anything be nailed, screwed or glued to the shell scheme panels or metal framework of the stand. All damage will be charged to the exhibitor at full replacement cost.
All electrical points must be ordered through our contractors, pricing details are available upon request. Living North reserve the right to remove any electrical points that have not been ordered through our contractors. Exhibitors must not run their electric from another stand or another part of the building due to health and safety precautions. Any generators will be removed. NOTE: It is especially urgent due to a tight turnaround that electrics are booked in advance of the event directly from our suppliers, AS Audio – 01845 537 977.
Exhibitors are required to carry their own liability and goods insurance. Whilst all due precautions are taken, Living North cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to products or persons during the event. All exhibitors must ensure the safety of everyone who is associated with their stand and those persons who may be affected by the activities carried out therein. All electrical appliances must be PAT tested. Exhibitors whose appliances are not PAT tested or are considered unsafe will be asked to remove the appliances.
The stand booking is confirmed once an agreement and confirmation has been made between the exhibitor and one of our event organisers. A non refundable deposit of 25% of the stand price is payable upon agreement and confirmation of the stand. The main balance must be paid by the date stated on the invoice sent to you in the post or via email. If either payment is not made prior to the payment date Living North reserve the right to reallocate or cancel the booking. Should you cancel after the main balance has been paid no refund shall be made. If you wish to cancel your stand before the deposit has been received we must know within one week of the stand booking.
Living North reserves the right to cancel the event should the organising committee consider this necessary.
Force Majeure: Living North will not be liable for failure to perform under this agreement caused by events beyond reasonable control. This includes Acts of God, Acts of Government or Sovereign State or matters beyond their control.