Living North is the North’s foremost independent magazine publisher and event management company and we are always looking for great people.
Are you seeking a change? Do you have ambition, ability and want success? We are currently looking for advertising sales staff to assist our expansion in the north of England. Sales experience is desirable but not essential. (North East / Yorkshire)
You must be dedicated, outgoing and with initiative and a keen interest and understanding of media. The successful candidates will be required to sell across Living North’s exciting and expanding portfolio of magazines, websites and events. This full time role is based within the Newcastle city centre office. Salary dependant on experience. To apply, please send a letter of introduction and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a talented writer interested in lifestyle publications? Living North are currently expanding their successful in-house editorial team and are seeking enthusiastic and gifted writers to join them in producing the north of England's most popular and respected magazine. Please send a letter of introduction and CV addressed to Janet Blair at email@example.com
This position is now filled. We are always on the lookout for talented, ambitious designers who have a good eye for style and detail and are keen to make a mark in a small business. If you think this is you please send your CV and a letter of introduction to the address below and we will keep them on file for future reference.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working within the guidelines of house styles to design and produce pages of printed magazines. Pages can be editorial led, product based or a mixture of both.
- To provide a design service to clients who wish to advertise in the magazines, this can include working with established brands and guidelines but can also require creative input to help small businesses stand out within the pages.
- To provide a design service to produce contract publishing jobs. Often these are produced within the pages of Living North but can also be stand alone titles. This will involve working with a third party and often includes working to established brand guidelines but can also require the design and style to be led directly from the designer.
- By following a procedure you will be responsible for producing print ready artwork and sending it to the printers correctly using an online portal system and then signing off pages making sure they are assigned and placed correctly.
- To systematically back up all files after each magazine for archiving and future reference.
- Working to monthly deadlines you will be responsible for managing your own workload efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met. Generally there are two deadlines each month with each deadline including up to three titles so it is important to be organised.
- Outside of deadline, to constantly push the design and look of all titles ensuring Living North does not sit still and is constantly refreshed and feels current.
- You must be Mac proficient and have good experience using InDesign and Photoshop. Experience of Illustrator is an advantage but not essential.
FAIRS & EVENTS
To provide a design service to an In House team to produce all printed material needed to promote and support all fairs and events. This can include branding, programmes, leaflets, tickets, signage, banners, posters, large format display artwork amongst other things.
To be part of a design team to provide an In House design service for anything required to promote the business, ranging from stationery to advertisements.