This weekend will see the return of The Late Shows (15th–16th May) when venues across Newcastle and Gateshead open their doors after hours for a special cultural celebration. Now in its ninth year, The Late Shows 2015 is bigger and better than ever before, with over 50 venues taking part. Here are some of the events running this year:
- GO to see local artist Candice Tripp’s exhibition, Credulous Morons, at BALTIC 39. Following solo shows in London and New York, Candice will be showing paintings, sculptures and some new limited edition prints - and one lucky Living North reader will win one of these signed prints. Follow @Living_North on twitter and retweet our #TombolaTuesday competition to win. Click here. www.candicetripp.com
- SEE Circus Central and Family La Bonche perform at the Mining Institute, with music, comedy, flying acrobats, fire eaters and plenty of other things you wouldn’t expect to see at a library.
- TAKE an alternative tour around our region with a late night ride on a Wunderbar open top bus.
- EXPLORE the eerie depths below Newcastle, experience the sounds of an air raid and discover the hidden waggonways with a guided tour through the Victoria Tunnel.
- JOIN Shipley Art Gallery’s indoor garden party and see knitted items from their latest exhibition, Blooming Marvellous. Read our interview with Pauline Stanley, the artist behind this weird and wonderful installation here.
- TALK to artists, see demonstrations and create your own masterpiece at Northern Print.
- FINISH your night with reduced price entry to Newcastle’s favourite independent music club, World Headquarters.
For more information and to see the full programme visit: www.thelateshows.org.uk