To celebrate the local North East businesses we love (and the beginning of summer) LJ Ross has teamed up with Living North to give away a golden ticket worth an incredible £2,000 – giving you access to some of the major venues, restaurants and luxury hotels which feature in her popular books. Now you can follow in the footsteps of your favourite characters from her bestselling DCI Ryan series.
Barrister-turned-author LJ Ross has topped the Amazon bestseller charts with her series of DCI Ryan thrillers, set in and around the North East. While you await her next release, she shares a new book recommendation every month in our magazine for the North East.
Louise was born in Northumberland. She studied undergraduate and postgraduate Law at King’s College, University of London and then abroad in Paris and Florence. Her debut novel, Holy Island, was released in 2015 and became an instant, international bestseller, and her books have been popular among locals (and worldwide) ever since.
Here’s what’s up for grabs if you manage to get your hands on the golden ticket:
£100 dining voucher to spend at The Ship Inn, Holy Island
1 x Free family entry to Lindisfarne Castle
£40 voucher to spend at Pilgrim’s Coffee, Holy Island
1 x Free family meal and £50 worth of drinks to spend at The Crown & Anchor, Holy Island
£120 voucher to spend at Walwick Hall Hotel & Spa
1 x Free family entry to Bamburgh Castle
£150 voucher to spend at The Potted Lobster, Bamburgh
£100 voucher to spend at Kielder Observatory
1 x Free guidebook and entry to The Grace Darling Museum, Bamburgh
£90 voucher to spend with Golden Gate Farne Island Tours, Seahouses
1 x Free family entry to Cragside House & Gardens
£200 dining voucher to spend at Dobson & Parnell
£150 brunch voucher to spend at Black’s Corner, East Boldon
1 x Free family tour of the Victoria Tunnel, Ouseburn
£100 dining voucher to spend at Ernest restaurant, Ouseburn
£100 dining voucher to spend at Colman’s Seafood Temple
1 x Free family entry to Chillingham Castle
£50 voucher to spend at Forum Books and The Bound
£50 voucher to spend at Cogito Books
£100 dining voucher to spend at Dil & The Bear, Tynemouth
£150 voucher to spend at The Cookie Jar, Alnwick
£30 voucher to spend at Dibbley’s, Tynemouth
1 x Free family entry to The Alnwick Garden
1 x Free family entry to Alnwick Castle
£50 dining voucher to spend at Vennel’s Café, Durham
£30 dining voucher to spend at Penshaw Farm Shop & Tea Room
For full details and your chance to win the golden ticket, simply click here to enter. All entries to be received by 31st July 2021.
Terms and Conditions:
- Five Golden Tickets are being offered, through five different North East publications, and the closing date for entries will be 31st July 2021. Winners will be chosen on that date, and will be contacted directly.
- If you have not been contacted by 31st August 2021, please assume that, on this occasion, your entry has not been successful.
- The vouchers and free passes which form part of the DCI Ryan Golden Ticket cannot be exchanged for money, or re-sold in whole or in part. They are non-exchangeable.
- Full and individual terms and conditions relating to each partner venue will be sent to the winning entrants, who are advised to read these carefully and make advance bookings as necessary.
- Accessibility and other queries as to individual venues can be found via their websites, which are readily available. Any other queries should be forwarded to email@example.com.