With roots set in the 13th century, Beamish Hall started life as a thank you gift to two Norman families for helping William the Conqueror successfully invade England. Now a magnificent country house hotel set within 24 acres of woodland, Beamish Hall offers style, character and luxury for all the family. All the bedrooms here have been individually designed with comfort at their core, furnished with jacuzzi baths and antiques sourced from around the world, and have stunning views across the gardens, whilst kids of all ages can work up an appetite at the onsite adventure centre, complete with high ropes and zip wire and offering activities such as archery and survival sessions.
Speaking of appetite, the hotel’s restaurant – situated in a renovated 18th century stable block – offers quality gastro-pub dishes, and is especially cosy in wintertime with its roaring open fire. The Eden Tearooms are also a delight, offering a quintessentially British afternoon tea in fabulous Edwardian surroundings. Perhaps the gustatory pièce de résistance, however, is Beamish Hall’s own authentic, fully operational microbrewery, where eight real ales are lovingly crafted.
As Christmas draws ever closer, Beamish Hall are preparing to celebrate in spectacular fashion with their upcoming immersive experience A Magical Christmas. Offering a completely unique experience within interactive sets that have been specially commissioned for Beamish Hall, intrepid adventurers can enter into the Enchanted Woodland – a world filled with theatrical performers, illuminations, interactive props and projections – and journey through secret pathways known only to elves. Who might you meet along the way? Perhaps even Santa Claus himself, who may need some help mixing up a little Christmas magic…
Our lucky winner will enjoy an overnight stay for two adults and two children in Beamish Hall’s Charron apartment: a bright, spacious and contemporary suite where you’ll find everything you need to make yourselves at home. As well as including evening meals in The Stables Restaurant, this prize will also provide breakfast on the morning of your stay. On top of all that, four tickets to Beamish Hall’s A Magical Christmas experience will bring an extra festive feeling to your family stay at this most special time of year.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply enter our competition below.
Beamish Hall Country House Hotel, Beamish, Stanley, County Durham DH9 0YB
Enter by post
Send your name and contact details on a postcard to Living North, Studio 2, St Nicholas Chare, Newcastle NE1 1RJ. Mark your entries BEAMISH HALL HOTEL.
Simply log in and enter using the online form linked to this competition, see below.
All entries to be received by 29th November.
Terms and conditions
– Hotel accommodation is based on two adults and two children sharing in the Charron apartment. A valid credit or debit card will be required for a security deposit when checking into the Hotel.
– Prize is subject to availability and is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
– Accommodation stay is also subject to availability.
– Winner must contact organiser within one week of competition deadline (29th November) to confirm the prize and book a date.
– Tickets to A Magical Christmas can be arranged for the day of the stay over, or the following day. Once booked, this prize cannot be altered or amended.
– At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over; where any travellers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and will not be allowed any alcohol.
– The prize excludes anything not expressly included in the prize. Travel is not included.
– If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with no guest, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. If winner chooses to forfeit any of the stated activities then no alternative activities will be provide.