Christmas is coming, and we’ve teamed up with the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh to offer one lucky reader a fabulous festive treat
Surround yourself with sparkle at Christmas at The Botanics, the magical, illuminated, after-dark trail which takes in the Scented Fire Garden, Tunnel of Light and the Laser Garden. It’s a Christmas spectacular, and we are offering a great get-away to Edinburgh so you can enjoy all the festive fun.
This prize includes two adult tickets to Christmas at The Botanics, plus train travel to Edinburgh and an overnight stay for two plus breakfast in a Calton Hill Room. When the 170-year-old Lady Glenorchy Church was converted into The Glasshouse Hotel in 2003, Scotland exchanged one iconic piece of history for another. With 77 bedrooms, The Glasshouse Hotel is a standout among luxury boutique hotels and is considered one of the finest places to stay in Edinburgh. This historic five star hotel features cosy contemporary interiors, warm Scottish service and consistently spectacular views of the city centre, Calton Hill or the hotel’s two-acre rooftop garden.
Now in its third year, the winter trail is a much-anticipated attraction. The mile-long path winds its way through the world famous gardens, past the festive flotilla of hundreds of glowing boats as they bob about on the water, through the dancing laser lights and they bounce across the many tree branches and weaves its way in between larger-than-life icicles and neon spiralling trees before you reach the festive finale at Inverleith House, where brightly-coloured projections dance in time to much-loved Christmas classics and where you can enjoy a spiced cider as you gather round the fire pit to toast marshmallows.
The winner can chose from two dates to visit the attraction; Friday 22nd November or Thursday 28th November. Train travel is in standard class from a mainline station (connecting trains will not
For your chance to start your Christmas festivities in style simply enter our competition below.
For more information on Christmas at The Botanics visit rbge.org.uk/christmas
Enter by post:
Send your name and contact details on a postcard to Living North, Studio 2, St Nicholas Chare, Newcastle NE1 1RJ. Mark your entries THE BOTANICS.
Simply log in and enter using the online form linked to this competition, see below.
All entries to be received by 30th September.
Terms and Conditions:
– Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
– The entrant must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
– Tickets are not transferable to another date or individual and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
– Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
– Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged by the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
– Confirmation of the prize will be made via telephone and email to the winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.