2 corn-on-the-cobs, trimmed of all leaves
1 tsp fine sea salt
30g butter, melted
¼ tsp deggi mirch chilli powder
1 tsp flaky sea salt
4 lime wedges
1. Preheat your grill to high or heat up the barbecue.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the corn cobs and salt and bring back to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes, then drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Using a cleaver or heavy-duty knife, carefully chop each corn cob in two.
4. Coat the corn in melted butter, using a pastry brush. Grill until the corn is quite charred all over, turning and basting with the melted butter every 2–3 minutes. Try to gradually build up the colour rather than burn the corn.
5. While the corn is grilling, mix together the chilli powder and sea salt.
6. To finish, dip a lime wedge in the chilli-salt mix and rub all over the surface of one piece of corn. Repeat with the other pieces of corn and lime wedges.
7. Serve the corn with the remaining chilli-salt mix and spice-dipped lime wedges. Provide lots of napkins.
Dishoom by Shamil Thakrar, Kavi Thakrar & Naved Nasir (Bloomsbury, £26)