Work with us
Living North is the North’s foremost independent magazine publisher and event management company. Covering all aspects of lifestyle including food and drink, fashion, health and beauty, interiors and what’s on, Living North produces the leading lifestyle magazines for the North East and Yorkshire, as well as niche supplements distributed alongside the main magazine every month. Living North is also actively represented on all forms of social media and runs successful events alongside its publishing arm. It is the respected choice across the North of England.
Please see below for current vacancies and how to apply.
Are you dynamic, creative, numerate, persuasive, hard working and looking for a wide-ranging role in the events industry? If you are, we have an exciting opportunity.
Working alongside our team of editorial, sales and design staff, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in all areas of the events organisation process but in particular you will be increasing our digital activities, driving sales, securing sponsorship and increasing revenue of our established events, as well as looking at new digital revenue streams.
You will be passionate about researching and seeking opportunities to increase the number of exhibitors we have at our events as well as creating great relationships that will enhance not only our events portfolio but the business as a whole. The successful candidate will also assist with the day-to-day running of the events department, delivering high-quality events from conception to conclusion.
The successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of digital publishing, social media and marketing.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, initiative and excellent organisational skills.
- A hands-on attitude.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- The ability to manage their own workload while contributing to a team.
- Experience of working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues.
- Strong IT skills. Use of Mac packages desirable but not essential.
At least one year’s experience in an events or sales role is preferable but not essential.
Based in Newcastle city centre, with additional hours required, including weekends, during peak event times.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please email a CV and letter of introduction to email@example.com
Living North are currently expanding their business development team. The successful candidate will sell advertising and sponsorship across Living North Magazines (North East and Yorkshire) and Living North’s digital media and online channels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working alongside our team of editorial, events and design staff, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in all areas of print and digital advertising sales.
Key Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must:
- be confident and have an outgoing attitude
- be target driven, a good communicator, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to deadlines
- have an understanding of and enthusiasm for media in both print and digital formats
- have a sound knowledge of the North East and/or Yorkshire
- be computer literate
- be able to work as part of a successful team
It would be helpful if the successful candidate had:
- previous sales experience, particularly telesales
- degree level education
Dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a brand new role and an opportunity to shape the digital content strategy for the North East and Yorkshire’s leading lifestyle magazines. You will manage Living North’s digital presence including our e-letters, social media and brand new website (launching May 2021), engaging the region by selecting and showcasing the very best digital content.
Living North is the leading lifestyle magazine for the North East and Yorkshire. We are a go-to source of guidance and inspiration, producing more than 450 pages of editorial content each month, supported by advertising sales from more than 500 clients.
Having led the in-print market for the last 20 years, the business is now embracing digital- overhauling the website and content strategy for the next generation of Living North readers. The brand measures millions of impressions every month, and offers an incredible platform to promote the best of the local area (and more)!
In addition to publishing, the internal team deliver five large scale events each year- from Christmas fairs to awards evenings.
About the Role
Living North are embracing the shift to digital. We are currently working with the North East’s leading software development agency to create a bespoke and industry-leading web platform, designed to showcase the very best of the North East and Yorkshire.
This role will work closely with the editorial team to both curate and select content to be published online (utilising data and analytics as a guide for audience interests). Success is measured by the publication of engaging content that sees an increase in the number of site visitors and the time spent on site. The successful candidate will also work with the sales team to identify and manage opportunities for paid advertising on the website.
In addition to the website, you will be responsible for managing both our e-letters and social media - with the aim of constantly growing our audience by sharing engaging content. This is a senior role reporting to the editor, and you will be expected to manage at least one junior member of staff, who will support you with social media, competitions and content curation.
We are looking for a digital specialist who is passionate about generating and monetising engagement:
• entrepreneurial/ self starting - you will be responsible for ‘owning’ the performance of the website
• ability to work across teams including sales, editorial and events
• an understanding of digital advertising channels including SEO, Google Ads and Facebook Ads
nice to have: experience in publishing
Salary: Based on Experience.
Location: Role will be predominantly office based. Please note our office is based in Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact: Please send your CV to email@example.com
If you are looking to kick-start your career in publishing/writing, this role could be perfect for you. We need enthusiastic graduates with a strong interest in digital and print lifestyle publishing, and with plenty of initiative to contribute across all platforms and genres, especially driving digital content on a daily basis.
Working alongside our team of editorial, sales and design staff, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in all areas of the editorial process. Researching and writing features, picture selection and assisting our design team in preparing and checking pages for print and our website and social media platforms.
The successful candidate will have:
• Enthusiasm, creativity, initiative and good organisational skills
• A passion for digital features and producing content for social media
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• A meticulous eye for detail
• The ability to manage their own workload while contributing to a team
• The ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain the high quality of our print and digital publications
• Strong IT skills. Use of Mac packages desirable but not essential
• Experience of working/internship within a publishing environment desirable but not essential
Must be educated to degree level. NCTJ qualifications an advantage but not essential.
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to Kate Foley.