How You Can Be Part of Random Acts of Kindness Day
Random Acts of Kindness Day is on 17th February
1. Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
2. Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
3. Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
4. Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
5. Surprise a friend or neighbour with freshly baked cookies or treats!
6. Let someone who only has a few items go in front of you in line at the shops.
7. Have a LinkedIn account? Write a recommendation for a coworker or connection.
8. Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind or helpful? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
9. Buy something extra in your shop and donate it to a food bank (most supermarkets have a basket by the checkouts where you can leave donations).
10. Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how well they parked!
11. Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
12. Know parents who could use a night out? Offer to babysit for them!
13. Write a positive comment on your favourite blog, website or a friend’s social media account.
14. Litter pick!
Read More: Meet the North East Entrepreneur Who's Spreading Kindness Through Her Inspirational Start-Up
15. Purchase extra dog or cat food and take it to an animal shelter.
16. Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day.
17. Keep an extra umbrella at work so you can lend it out when it rains.
18. Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
19. Put your phone away while in the company of others.
20. Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love today.