Apricot & Dark Rum Clafoutis
Reading time 1 Minute
This baked dessert is perfect for cold winter nights. You can whip it up in just half an hour.
- 50g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 75g caster sugar, plus 1 tsp extra
- 1 jar Opies Apricots with Luxardo® Dark Rum, syrup reserved
- 3 eggs
- 100g plain flour, sifted
- To serve:
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C / gas 5.
- Grease the base and sides of a round baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, then remove and reserve half for later. Add 1 tsp sugar and the apricots to the pan, cut-side down. Fry for two to three minutes on a high heat, until apricots start to caramelise.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together well until pale and frothy, then add all of the reserved syrup and melted butter before gently folding in the flour. Place apricots in the baking dish cut side up, leaving behind the butter, then pour the batter in around the apricots.
- Bake for 15–20 mins or until golden and set. Dust with icing sugar and serve with some cream.