BBQ lamb chops with chimichurri sauce, broccolini & new potatoes
Adding mint to chimichurri makes a great, simple fresh-tasting sauce that goes beautifully with barbecued or grilled lamb chops.
- 400g new potatoes
- 25ml olive oil
- 8 lamb chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g broccolini
- For the chimichurri sauce:
- 15g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 15g coriander, roughly chopped
- 15g mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 25ml red wine vinegar
- 50ml olive oil
- Light your BBQ. When the coals are silvery in colour, it’s ready to cook on.
While you’re waiting for the coals to heat, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the new potatoes for 10 minutes until just tender.
- When the BBQ is ready, rub a little oil over the lamb chops and season well. Put the potatoes and broccolini into a bowl and add the remaining oil. Season and toss together.
- Put the chops onto the BBQ and cook for 3–4 minutes on each side. Add the potatoes and broccolini when you turn the chops over and turn these over after 1–2 minutes.
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and season well.
- To serve, pile the lamb, potatoes and broccolini onto a platter and spoon over the sauce.
Extracted from James Martin’s Great British Adventure by James Martin (Quadrille, £25) Photography © Peter Cassidy