Craster Kipper Club Sandwich
- 4 Craster Kipper fillets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves (crunchy is best)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Black pepper
- 8 slices of good quality brown bread (rye sourdough or Irish soda bread work well)
1. Place the kipper fillets in a piece of foil with the butter. Seal to make a parcel and cook in a hot oven, under a grill or on a barbecue for four to six minutes until hot throughout.
2. Meanwhile, put the eggs in a pan of boiling water for four to five minutes.
3. Wash and finely shred the lettuce. Peel and slice the avocado. Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and some black pepper to taste in a cup.
4. When the eggs are done, shell and slice or chop them to your liking.
5. Pile the lettuce and avocado onto four slices of the bread, dividing them equally. Skin the hot buttered kipper fillets and place on top, pouring the melted butter over the fish.
6. Next, add a layer of boiled egg. Finally, slather the lemon mayo over the remaining four slices of bread and top your creation off to make four sandwiches. Eat while the juices are still hot.