Hot and Spicy Whole Roasted Chicken
- 1.5kg of whole chicken
- 2tsp tandoori masala
- 1tso chilli powder
- 3tsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 large cloves garlic, grated
- 4tsp honey
- few small stem of thyme
- ½ juice of lemon
- 5tsp olive oil
- 1&1/2 tsp Maldon salt
- Roasted Sweet Potato
- 6 medium size sweet potatoes, sliced in the middle
- 1tsp Maldon salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp garlic granules
- 4tsp olive oil
- In bowl add tandoori masala, chili powder Greek yogurt, grated garlic cloves, honey, thyme stems, half the juice of a lemon, oil and salt. Whisk together and apply the paste to the whole chicken. Leave it in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours before roasting.
- After two hours take the marinated chicken out and leave at room temperature while the oven is getting hot.
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Place the chicken on a baking tray and cover with foil. Make sure to seal the tray with foil on all sides properly. Put the chicken in the oven and cook for one hour and 30 minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before eating.
4. Marinate the potatoes with the salt, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic granules and oil mix before layering them on the baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Serve the roast chicken and roasted sweet potatoes with a leafy salad.
Optional. To add a dressing to the salad mix four teaspoons of honey, juice of half a lemon, half a teaspoon of Maldon salt, half a teaspoon of crushed black pepper and four teaspoons of olive oil into a jar. Shake before drizzling the dressing on the salad.