How to Make a Nutella Pizza Ring
- 130g Neapolitan pizza dough
- 40g ricotta about
- 100g Nutella
- sea salt
- ice cream, to serve
Preheat your oven as hot as it will go.
Using your fingertips, stretch out the dough into a long rectangle about 35cm long and 12cm wide.
Using a spoon, spread the ricotta over the dough lengthways in a long line. Then spoon as much Nutella as you can onto the dough in a long line down the middle of the ricotta. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Fold the dough over itself lengthways so you have a long Nutella parcel, then, using a closed fist, hammer the long edge to ensure a really strong seal on the dough.
Bring the ends of the parcel around to create a ring (with the seam on the inside) and press the two ends of dough together, using your fist again to make a strong seal.
Bake until the ring has inflated and the crust is golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutella Fun Facts
• Nutella buys 25% of the world’s hazelnut supply every year: over 100,000 tons.
• Each 400g jar of Nutella contains 52 hazelnuts.
• World Nutella Day is 5th February.
• In 2013, some sweet-toothed bandits pulled off a heist on a Nutella lorry, stealing five metric tonnes of the stuff, worth an estimated £20,000.
• Italy loves Nutella so much that in 2014 they commemorated it on a postage stamp.