Mushroom and Watercress French Toast
- 2 Slices thick crusty bread
- 1 egg
- 100g mushrooms, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 80g Watercress, chopped
- 50g grated Swiss cheese
1. In a bowl, beat the egg and add a little salt and pepper. Dip the bread in, covering both sides.
2. Heat some butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the eggy bread for a couple of minutes, flip it and sprinkle the grated cheese on the side that is cooked so it melts.
3. Meanwhile, heat a knob butter in a pan over a medium heat (add garlic if using), cook the mushrooms. Add the watercress as the mushrooms start to brown and cook for no longer than a minute, so that the watercress has just wilted.
4. Serve the mushrooms and watercress on top of the cooked bread with lots of black pepper.