S’mores Hot Chocolate
Inspired by the camp-side treat, this delicious hot chocolate will keep you toasty this Bonfire night
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 250ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 2 giant marshmallows
- A chef’s blow torch
Hot Chocolate by Hannah Miles, photography by Steve Painter, published by Ryland Peters & Small
- Begin by preparing two heatproof glasses. Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat over low heat until melted. Carefully dip the rims of each glass into the chocolate.
- Crush the graham crackers or digestive biscuits by placing them into a clean plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin. Place the crumbs on a plate and then dip the chocolate-coated rim of each glass in the crumbs to decorate. Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- Spoon the remaining melted chocolate into a saucepan with the milk and cream, and heat over low heat, whisking all the time. Pour the hot chocolate into the prepared glasses, taking care not to pour over the chocolate-crumb rim decoration.
- Place each marshmallow on a toasting fork and toast with the blow torch to caramelise. Take care not to burn the marshmallows. While the marshmallows are still warm, place one on top of each glass. Serve immediately.