Stuffed Courgettes with Lamb Mince
Make the most of this versatile vegetable by roasting and adding lamb mince to make a tasty crowd-pleasing dish .
- 4 courgettes, cut into half
- 300g lamb mince
- 3 large cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 banana shallots, diced small
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tps ground black pepper
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2tsp Maldon salt
- 2tsp tomato puree
- small handful of mint, chopped
- large handful of panko bread crumbs (if you love the crispy crunch more than do add more)
- 6tsp olive oil
- Cut the courgettes into half and then scoop the middle. Then mash and mix with the lamb mince, garlic, diced shallots ground black pepper, paprika, turmeric, ground coriander, one teaspoon of salt, tomato puree and chopped mint.
- Heat three teaspoon oil in a pan and add the mixture to the oil, and then cook the mixture for six to seven minutes on high heat. Once the mixture is half cooked, keep aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Whilst the oven is getting hot, fill the courgettes with the mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the salt, panko bread crumbs and remaining oil on top.
- Cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy with a flat bread on the side.