Thai Crab and Lemongrass Filo Parcels
Reading time 5
Add thai to your table with these filo parcels.
- 1 medium/large potato – peeled and cubed
- Knob of butter
- 1 lemongrass stalk – tough outer leaves removed and very finely chopped
- 2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped
- 2–3 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 120g shredded crab meat
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 pack pre-made filo pastry
- Melted butter for brushing on the filo pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a small pan boil the potato until just cooked. Drain and mash with the butter until smooth.
- Add the lemongrass, spring onions and red chilli to the potato mixture and stir together. In a small pan heat the coconut milk and add the curry paste, mix and cook for a few minutes then add to the potato pan.
- Mix well together. Add the crab meat and combine. Season with the salt. Set aside to cool a little.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry and brush with melted butter.
- Lay another sheet on top of this and brush this with more butter. Onto this place a third sheet and brush with butter.
- Cut the sheets into three strips lengthways and then cut all three strips in half. Place a teaspoon of the crab mixture onto the bottom corner of one of the strips and fold the pastry over to make a triangle, fold over again and repeat until the strip is rolled up.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with more butter. Repeat this process until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for about 15–20 minutes until the parcels are golden coloured. They can be served hot or cold.