Win a Family Ticket to see Scree at National Trust Wordsworth House
To celebrate the launch of its new exhibition Scree, the National Trust Wordsworth House & Garden is offering 12 lucky winners the chance to win a family ticket to visit the property, the birthplace and inspiration of poet William
As well as wandering ‘lonely as a cloud’ through the home and riverside garden that features centuries-old varieties of flowers and herb, winners will get to enjoy the exciting, new exhibition for 2022: Scree.
Co-created with local poet, writer and photographer Lucy Burnett, Scree explores nature’s power to shape us and the impact we, in turn, have on the environment. The exhibition combines the written word – including manuscripts on loan from The Wordsworth Trust – stunning images, commissioned short films and a range of evocative objects chosen by Lucy to showcase her relationship with the Lake District.
Wordsworth House & Garden, in the Cumbrian town of Cockermouth, offers an unforgettable chance for all ages to experience life in the 1770s. In school holidays, the maid-of-all-work is cooking in the kitchen, there is a daily children’s trail and, down in the cellar, the household’s ghosts are waiting to tell their stories.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply enter our competition below.
Enter by post
Send your name and contact details on a postcard to Living North, Studio 2, St Nicholas Chare, Newcastle NE1 1RJ. Mark your entries WORDSWORTH HOUSE.
Simply log in and enter using the online form liked to this competition, see below. All entries to be received by 20th May 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- The promotion is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, who are aged 16 years or over (an Eligible Person), excluding employees of the Trust, anyone else associated with this competition and their families.
- Entrants must supply their name and address or email address. The competition must be entered in each entrant’s own name; it may not be entered on behalf of anyone else. No bulk, software-generated, automatic, or third-party entries shall be accepted. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
- Twelve winners will be chosen by Living North and each will win a family ticket for four people to visit Wordworth House & Garden, valid until 6th November 2022. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Any purchases on-site are at the winner’s own expense. Travel costs are not included. There are no cash alternatives.
- Winners will be notified by Living North Ltd. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the publisher (Living North Ltd) reserves the right to select another winner from the eligible entries which were received before the closing date of the promotion period.
- The Trust, including its officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents, excludes all liability for any losses and/or damages of whatever nature and howsoever arising to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the National Trust and accordingly the National Trust may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Trust as a result thereof.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.