Blood Orange Mulled Wine
Reading time 4 minutes
Winter wine with a citrus twist.
- 8 blood oranges
- 2 bottles red wine
- 100ml Grand Marnier
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 5 juniper berries
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Remove the peel from four oranges.
- Set the peel aside and juice all of the oranges.
- Pour the wine into a large pot.
- Add the blood orange juice, orange peel, Grand Marnier, honey, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, juniper berries, star anise and sugar.
- Stir to combine before bringing to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain into a pitcher and serve warm.