Cheesy Croissant Bake
- 4 croissants, halved
- 2 sliced thick cut ham, halved
- Dijon mustard
- 50g watercress, any thick stalks removed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 150ml cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Spread a little mustard on each croissant slice and then layer with the ham, cheese and watercress. Sandwich the halves together and place them in an ovenproof dish.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cream – season lightly with salt & pepper. Pour the mixture over the croissants and allow them to soak for around 15 minutes.
3. Bake in the oven for around 25-30minutes, until the mixture is set and the croissants are golden brown.
4. You can sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese or even some fresh herbs for a little twist!