Delicious Recipe for Chocolate Meringue Brownie
You can't go wrong with this delicious recipe
- Serves 25 squares
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g TOBLERONE dark chocolate
- 250g dark muscovado sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 mini TOBLERONE dark chocolate bars, sliced into their individual triangles, to decorate
- cocoa powder, to decorate
- For the meringue
- 4 large egg whites
- 220g golden caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas mark 3.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over a low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Add one egg at a time, whisking with a balloon whisk between additions. Sift in the flour and baking powder, and stir together. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, tip the egg whites into a large, clean bowl and beat with an electric whisk until they form medium-stiff peaks. (You can also do this in the bowl of a stand mixer.) Slowly add the sugar, whisking constantly to make a thick, glossy meringue. Spread the meringue evenly over the brownie. Return to the oven on a low shelf and bake for 30 minutes. If the meringue is getting too much colour, then cover with foil. The brownie should be gooey and the meringue should have formed a crust on top.
4. Leave to cool completely in the tin. Carefully lift out of the tin, then cut into 25 squares. Scatter over the chocolate and dust with cocoa powder to serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4–5 days.
Toblerone Cookbook is published by Kyle Books, £10. Photography by Maja Smend