Cinnamon Bread with Caramel Butter Dip
Cinnamon Bread with Caramel Butter Dip.
- For the dough
- 500g strong bread flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 5g salt
- 2 x 7g sachets fast-action dried yeast
- 300ml full-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 4 bananas, cut into quarters
- For the caramel butter dip
- 200g butter, softened
- 397g dulce de leche
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- To make the dough, place all the ingredients, except the bananas, into the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Knead for five minutes, then leave to prove somewhere warm for about one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan)/400F/ gas 6 and grease a 30 x 20cm baking tin.
- Divide the dough into 18 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place next to each other in the tin and once again leave to prove for about one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size. Pop the bananas in between the dough balls and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dip by beating together the butter, dulce de leche and cinnamon.
- Tip the bread onto a board, dot with half the caramel butter, serving the rest alongside for dipping. Serve warm.
Extracted from BUTTER: Comforting, delicious, versatile, over 130 recipes celebrating butter by James Martin (Quadrille) Photography: John Carey