Roast Crab with Lime and Chilli Butter
Reading time 1 Minute
This can be served as either potted crab spread on warm toast or, as I like to serve it, just melted in a dish so it warms the crab and fully melts the butter
That way all the flavours of the kaffir lime leaves come out.
- 100g butter, softened
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- 1 lemongrass stick, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra
- leaves to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 300g white crab meat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- Toasted sourdough
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan)/400F/ gas 6.
- Beat together the butter, lime zest and juice, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, spring onions, coriander and chilli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the crab into two ovenproof dishes and top with the butter. Place them on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve straight away, with toasted sourdough on the side.
Extracted from BUTTER: Comforting, delicious, versatile, over 130 recipes celebrating butter by James Martin (Quadrille) Photography: John Carey