Cold Chilli Oil Noodles
I don't remember when I first started eating cold noodles regularly, but before we got air conditioning, they were one of my favourite ways to keep cool in the kitchen
- 225g noodles
- 2 tbsp Fragrant Chilli Oil or Chorizo Chilli Oil
- 1 tsp Zhenjiang black vinegar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 25g spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted hulled sesame seeds
- Optional toppings
- pickled vegetables, chopped roasted peanuts, poached egg, gan lan cai (Chinese preserved olive vegetable), slivered cucumber, kohlrabi, pak choi
Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain well. Fill a large bowl with ice and water and place the noodles in the ice bath to fully cool, then drain well again.
Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and add the chilli oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Add the spring onions and sesame seeds and use two spoons to toss and distribute the ingredients evenly. Serve with additional toppings alongside.