Get the Recipe for This Picnic-Perfect Sausage Plait
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g good quality pork sausage meat
- Flat-leaf parsley a handful, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Ready-made puff pastry 1 x 320g sheet
- 1tsp Tracklements Strong English Mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds to finish
1. Heat the oven to 200°C /fan 180°C /gas mark 6.
2. Heat a little oil and gently cook the onions until translucent.
3. Mix the sausage meat with the onion and parsley and season.
4. Unroll the pastry and lay it on a baking sheet. Brush the middle, lengthways, with the Strong English Mustard. Form the sausage mix into a big sausage and lay on top.
5. Make diagonal cuts, 1-2cm apart, in the pasty either side of the sausage and then bring the strips up and over alternately to form a plait.
6. Brush with the egg and scatter the sesame seeds on top. Bake for 25-30 mins until puffed and golden.