Try This Delicious Baked Eggs Brunch Recipe
A quick and easy brunch recipe packed with green veg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Spring onions
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp ground coriander
- 100g Cavalo nero, shredded
- 100g Baby spinach
- Half lemon, zested and juiced
- 40g Frozen peas
- 4 Eggs
- 25g Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 15g Dill, fronds picked (plus extra for garnish)
- A small handful fresh mint, leaves picked
- 20g Feta cheese
- Pinch of Chilli flakes
- Maldon Salt
1. Take a large frying pan – a cast iron pan works well for this, as it needs to be oven proof also – and place on a medium heat. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, and when hot, add the sliced spring onions and fry gently until softened.
2. Once softened add the crushed garlic, cumin seeds and ground coriander and continue to fry for another 2 minutes until starting to smell fragrant.
3. Next add the cavolo nero, spinach and lemon juice and zest. Cook this down gently, stirring often for 5 minutes until the cavolo nero and spinach has softened and wilted. Once they are cooked down, add the frozen peas, chopped coriander and dill fronds and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Now you want to create 4 shallow wells in the vegetable mixture and carefully crack the eggs into each hole. Turn the heat down and gently cowant the whites to be just set but the yolks to still be runny, so it is worth keeping an eye on them.
5. Remove the pan from the oven as soon as the eggs are cooked. Top the dish with the feta cheese crumbled over the top, the picked mint leaves and some extra dill fronds. Finally finish with a drizzle of olive oil, some Maldon salt and cracked black pepper. Serve the eggs immediately to the table for everyone to serve themselves alongside some toasted sourdough