Living North’s Big New Year Quiz: North East Answers
Read on for the answers to our Big New Year Quiz!
If you haven’t seen it yet, and want to have a go, you can find the full quiz here.
Read on to discover the answers below.
2. James (VI of Scotland and I of England)
4. River Phoenix
The connection is… Football Stadiums in the North East
Victoria Park (home of Hartlepool United), St James’ Park (home of Newcastle United), The Stadium Of Light (home of Sunderland AFC), The Riverside Stadium (home of Middlesbrough FC).
1. Rough Collie
2. A Shearer
4. A Tailor
The connection is…North East Sports Stars
Paul Collingwood, Alan Shearer, Steve Cram, Tamara Taylor, Lucy Bronze.
2. Matthew Hayden
4. Edward VII
The connection is… Bridges over the Tyne
Gateshead Millennium Bridge, Haydon Bridge, The Swing Bridge, The King Edward VII Bridge.
1. Parma (Parmesan, Parma ham)
The connection is… North East Food
Parmo, Pease Pudding, Stottie.
SECTION FIVE: PICTURE ROUND
1. Fabrizio Ravanelli
2. Brancepeth Castle
3. Jarrow March (or Jarrow Crusade)
4. Sam Fender
6. Lord Cuthbert Collingwood
7. Lewis Caroll
SECTION SIX: ARTS & CULTURE
1. House of Gucci
2. The Tube
3. The Likely Lads
4. It was an indication that the theatre held a Royal Patent without which, at one time, performances of serious drama would be illegal.
5. The Temple of Hephaestus in Athens
6. The Sanctuary Knocker
9. 2.4 miles (3.9km)
SECTION SEVEN: WHO AM I?
1. Jeff Stelling
2. Sir George Biddell Airy
3. Sir Thomas Allen
4. Tommy Armstrong
5. LJ Ross
6. Perrie Edwards
7. Tim Healy
SECTION EIGHT: PUBLIC ART
1. Silvas Capitalis, Kielder
2. Terris Novalis sculpture (theodolite and engineer’s level), on the site of former Consett Steelworks
3. River God Tyne, Newcastle Civic Centre
4. The Journey, Millennium Square, Durham
5. Conversation Piece, Littlehaven, South Shields
6. The Apollo Pavillion (also known as The Pasmore Pavilion, now has listed status) Peterlee
7. Ladle of Steel, South Tees Business Park