Martha Collinson's Triple Chocolate Biscotti
- 200g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
- 130g Waitrose Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg, beaten
- 25g granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 50g milk chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
2. Beat together the 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla extract using a wooden spoon in a large bowl for a few minutes, or until well combined. Gently stir in the dry ingredients, chopped almonds and white chocolate chunks until a thick dough forms.
3. Shape the dough into a log shape about 20cm long. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar, then bake for 30 minutes until firm.
4. Allow to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then stick the dough into the freezer for 20 minutes to solidify the chocolate chunks. Turn the oven down to 170°C, gas mark 3.
5. When the dough is cold, use a serrated knife to slice diagonally into 1 cm thick slices and arrange on a baking tray. Bake the biscotti for a further 20 minutes or until crisp.
6. Transfer the biscotti to a cooling rack to cool completely, then drizzle with melted milk chocolate and allow to set. This biscotti will keep for up to two weeks in an airtight tin.
Recipe and image courtesy of Martha Collison for Waitrose – @marthacollison / marthabakes.co.uk