Mexican Baked Eggs with Halloumi and Watercress
- 400g tin mixed beans in water
- 2 eggs
- 80g watercress, roughly chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g passata
- 2tbsp sour cream
- 100g Halloumi, cubed
- Oil for cooking
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Heat a little oil in an ovenproof skillet (or a large frying pan with a lid) and fry the garlic. Add the beans (with the water they are in) and cook for a few minutes. Add the paprika, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and passata, simmer for five minutes.
2. Roughly crush the beans with a spoon to break them up, then add the watercress. Taste and season.
3. Make two wells in the sauce and crack an egg into each one. Bake in the oven until the eggs are cooked (if using a pan with a lid, simply cover and keep on a medium-low heat until the eggs are cooked).
4. In a small pan, cook the halloumi chunks until golden brown. Once the eggs are cooked, dropped the cooked halloumi into the sauce and drizzle everything with the sour cream. You can also top with a little more paprika or some chilli sauce if you prefer things a little spicier.
Tip: Serve with warm tortillas to soak up all that flavour!