Orecchiette with Pumpkin Seed Pesto and Tenderstem Broccoli
Make the most of left over pumpkin seeds in this homemade pesto recipe which goes perfectly with and Tenderstem broccoli.
- 35g pumpkin seeds
- 1 large handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (with extra for brushing)
- 1 courgette cut into thick slices
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 150g dried orecchiette pasta
- 1 sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
Discover more recipes with tenderstem.co.uk
- Start by making the pesto. Simply place all the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blitz for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth mixture. Add a splash of water if required to loosen the pesto. Set to one side.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Brush the courgette slices with oil, then place in a non-stick frying pan and cook on each side for one to two minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan, add the Tenderstem broccoli, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cover with a lid and cook for about five minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and mix it with the pesto. Add the courgette and Tenderstem broccoli and mix everything together. Serve with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, if desired.