Pasta with Smoked Salmon, Vodka and Caviar
- 400g linguine, farfalle or penne
- 200g crème fraîche
- 200g sliced smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp vodka
- grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lumpfish caviar, to serve salt
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and put the pasta in to cook for 10 minutes until al dente.
2. Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add all the remaining ingredients – except the caviar – and stir well until everything is warmed through.
3. Serve in bowls, grind over some black pepper and add half a teaspoon of caviar to each bowl. Alternatively, pile it all into a large serving bowl for your guests to serve themselves, dotting the caviar over the top.
Extracted from Table Manners: The Cookbook by Jessie and Lennie Ware (Ebury Press, £22) Photography by Ola O Smit