Spicy Noodle Soup
I am always looking for ways to make new high protein soups, and this one is a belter! It's a twist on the popular laksa soup, with fewer calories
- 50g rice noodles
- 8–10 sprays light cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 340g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 500ml boiling chicken stock
- 3 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 x 400ml tin light coconut milk
- handful of beansprouts
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
Place the rice noodles in a bowl of boiling water and leave them to soften.
Heat a pan over a medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Add the garlic and prawns and cook for two minutes.
Add the stock, laksa paste and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Add the beansprouts and bring back to the boil then remove from the heat.
Drain the noodles and divide between two deep soup bowls. Ladle the soup on top and sprinkle with the fresh coriander and chilli.