Spicy Roast Cauliflower Salad
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 85g Watercress
- 1 red onion
- Flaked Almonds
- Pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp Paprika
- Chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- For the dressing:
- 3tbsp Tahini
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- (optional) Garlic clove, minced
- Water to thin
1. Preheat the oven to 180°. In a bowl, pour a glug of olive oil, the paprika, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper – toss the cauliflower florets in this mixture to coat. Line them on a baking tray and roast for around 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together. Start with the Tahini, olive oil and lemon juice (and garlic if using) then add water to reach your desired consistency.
3. In a dry frying pan, lightly toast the flaked almonds – a couple of minutes should be plenty.
4. On a plate, scatter the watercress leaves and pop the cauliflower florets on top. Sprinkle over some of the toasted almonds and pomegranate seeds and top with the dressing!
Photography by Lara Jane Thorpe