Sustainable Living This Summer
1. Say no to plastic coffee cups – with a heat- retaining metal wall and a vibrant flower pattern, you can be sustainable and look good while doing it. Floral take out coffee cup, £14 Paperchase, stockists regionwide
2. Made with all organic ingredients, this lip balm with shea butter is nourishing whilst rose oil gives it a unique scent and tint.
Organic lip balm £4.50 Kutis at The Only Weigh Out, Middlesbrough
3. Not only do these shampoo bars contain naturally derived, sustainable ingredients and come in fully compostable and recyclable packaging, they also include pro-vitamin ingredients to hydrate your hair and scalp, leaving your hair smooth and silky. Mini shampoo bar, £2.50 Eco Living at By The Weigh, Barnard Castle
Hirestreet have a huge selection of pretty floral dresses to rent this season for any and every occasion, so you can wear a new outfit for every event while still saving wardrobe space and the planet.
Floral Dress, £13 to rent, Nobody’s Child at hirestreetuk.com
4. These floral egg cup buckets are the perfect addition to your spring table. They’re made from stainless steel, so they are long-lasting and sustainable as well as pretty. Floral egg cup buckets, £6.99 Lakeland, branches regionwide
5. Made from organic cotton, low-impact dyes, organic jojoba oil, pine resin and plant-based wax, The Vegan Food Wrap Co use the very best materials to make your food stay naturally fresh for longer. Reusable food wrap, £20 The Vegan Food Wrap Co at Something Good Co, Jesmond
6. Made from 100 percent recycled plastic, this kit will entice your little ones out into the garden to help take care of their natural surroundings. Watering can & Little Gardener’s kit, £18.99 Green Toys at John Lewis & Partners, Newcastle