Thai spiced fish and shellfish broth
With wild mushrooms, egg noodles and pak choi
- Fish and shellfish of your choice, eg. hake, monkfish, tuna, scallops, tiger prawns, clams, cockles
- 500ml fish stock
- 100ml soy sauce
- 2 fresh chillies
- 20g ginger
- Small bunch of coriander
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 lime
- 10ml hoi sin sauce
- 100g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 pack of egg noodles
- 1 bunch of pak choi
- To make the Thai broth, add the fish stock, soy sauce, chilli, ginger, coriander stalks, lemongrass and lime juice to a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare and cook your chosen fish by pan-frying, roasting in the oven or grilling.
- Pass the broth through a sieve into a clean pan, then add your noodles and allow to cook.
- Add the wild mushrooms, pak choi and any cockles or clams if you’re using them. Cook until the shells are open.
- Serve in a bowl with your fish on top and some freshly chopped coriander.