Andi Peters' Banana Cake
Andi Peters' recipe for the delicious fruity bake that uses up over ripe bananas.
- 125g butter
- 150g Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 2 RSPCA Assured eggs, beaten
- 3 REALLY ripe bananas, really spotty and brown (mashed)
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until it's pale in colour and 'fluffy'. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time. Add the bananas to this mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and then fold into the banana mixture. (FOLD, don't stir.)
- Put your mixture into the tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. It's cooked when a skewer placed in the middle of the cake comes out clean and dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Resist cutting it for 30 minutes or it might crumble.