Cardamom-Roasted Persimmons with Pistachios
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 persimmons, quartered, tough tops removed
- 2 tbsp shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. In a bowl, mix together the maple syrup, cardamom and cinnamon.
3. Dip the persimmon quarters into the spiced maple mix, then place into a deep roasting tin. Drizzle any remaining spiced maple syrup over the persimmon quarters. Cover loosely with foil, then roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and spoon into serving dishes. Scatter with the chopped pistachios. I like to serve these with a swirl of cool coconut yogurt.
Five Ingredient Vegan by Katy Beskow (Quadrille £20) Photography ©Luke Albert