Chicken tacos with roasted sweet potato & guacamole
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 400g), scrubbed clean and cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 4 Waitrose British Chicken Breast Fillets (fed on an omega 3 enriched diet)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8-10 dashes Tabasco
- 1 large avocado, stone removed
- Handful coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- 8 corn tortillas
- Natural yogurt and sliced red chilli, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Toss the potato wedges in a tray with 1 tbsp oil, the paprika and chilli powder, then season and roast for 30 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, line a large chopping board with cling film, spread out the chicken breasts on top and cover with another sheet of cling film. Bash with a rolling pin until 1cm thick all over.
2. Put the flattened chicken in a medium resealable food bag with the remaining 1 tbsp oil, the lime zest, garlic and Tabasco. Season and massage through the bag to coat the chicken evenly; set aside for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado and lime juice together; season and stir through the coriander.
3. Heat a large griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through, then set aside. Heat the tortillas, then serve with the wedges, guacamole and sliced chicken, plus natural yogurt and a scattering of sliced red chilli.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Thousands of recipes can be found at www.waitrose.com/recipes