Chocolate, Cherry & Pistachio Fridge Cake
A fridge cake fit for a queen:
- 100g salted butter
- 200g (70% cocoa solids) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 70g golden syrup
- 200g digestive biscuits, roughly broken
- 200g glacé cherries, halved
- 100g whole pistachios, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a low heat, stirring continuously until smoothly melted, then turn off the heat.
- Reserve a heaped tablespoon each of the broken digestives, glacé cherries and pistachios – you’re going to use them to decorate later – and tip the rest into the saucepan with the chocolate mixture. Stir gently to coat, then transfer the mix to a lined 26.5cm x 19cm roasting tin.
- Put the tin into the fridge, and leave to set for an hour, then scatter over the reserved broken biscuits, cherries and pistachios.
- Return the tin to the fridge to set for a further two hours before slicing and serving.
FOR GLUTEN-FREE: use gluten-free digestive biscuits.
TO VEGANISE: substitute the butter for 100g coconut oil and a pinch of salt and use vegan dark chocolate.