Coronation Chicken Sandwiches
Created in honour of the coronation of Elizabeth II in 1953, the curried mango mayo and perfectly cooked chicken in this sandwich make for the perfect lunch. Once retro, this British classic is coming back in a BIG WAY.
- 4 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 heaped tbsp smooth mango chutney
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 3 slices brown bread
- 3 slices white bread
- watercress and crisps (potato chips), to serve
- In a mixing bowl stir together the mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder and paprika. Season to taste.
- Shred the chicken breasts and add to the curry mayonnaise with the flaked almonds and sultanas, stirring to combine.
- Lay the brown bread on a board and spread with the coronation chicken. Sandwich with the white bread. Cut each sandwich into four triangles. Serve immediately.
Recipe extracted from POSH Sandwiches, A Quadrille book