- 300ml double cream
- 300ml natural yoghurt
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and a little lemon juice, to taste
- Caster sugar, to taste
- Beaumes-de-Venise, or any sweet white wine, to taste
- 450g blackberries or raspberries
- For the oat and seed granola
- 2 tbsp sun flower oil, plus more for the tray
- 2 tbsp honey
- 125g light brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 125g pinhead oatmeal
- 125g porridge oats
- 125g sesame seeds
- About 300g mixture of chopped nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, almonds)
First make the granola. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Warm the oil, honey, sugar and spices together in a small saucepan. Mix together the remaining ingredients and put on a lightly oiled baking tray. Pour over the warmed honey mixture and toss really well together, making sure everything is coated. Roast in the preheated oven for about 15–20 minutes, checking the mixture often to see that it is not burning. Remove from the oven and leave to stand. The mixture will crisp up.
When it’s cool, break it up into small pieces and store in a screw-top jar. This is delicious for breakfast, sprinkled on porridge or with yoghurt or added to cereal. It keeps for a month in a screw-top jar.
Then whip your cream to the soft-peak stage and fold in the yoghurt. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and Beaumes-de-Venise to taste.
Layer the cream with the fruit and scatter the toasted oats and seeds over the top.