Get this Mint Chocolate Chip Pancake Recipe
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm, plus more for cooking
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food colouring (optional
- ) ¾ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Store-bought or homemade hot fudge sauce, for serving
Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts, and food colouring (if using) in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
Add half a tablespoon butter; it should sizzle and melt almost immediately.
Ladle pancake batter into skillet for each pancake, taking care not to let the pancakes run together.
Cook for one to two minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook for one to two minutes more.
Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and more chocolate chips, if desired.
From Breakfast for Dinner by Lindsay Landis and Taylor Hackbarth (Quirk Books, 2013)