Honey, Cinnamon and Vanilla Lip Balm Recipe
Dry & cracked lips?
- ½ tbsp beeswax
- ½ tsp cocoa butter
- ½ tsp of sweet almond oil
- ½ tsp of jojoba oil
- ½ tsp of honey
- 2 drops of vitamin E oil
- 3 drops sweet orange oil, vanilla essence or cinnamon essential oil
1. Melt the beeswax and cocoa butter together on a low heat.
2. Add the honey, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil.
3. Add your chosen flavour oil along with the vitamin E.
4. Stir the mixture well, pour into a couple of small pots and allow to harden.
The Science Behind It
Beeswax and cocoa butter are essential in any luscious lip balm as they are naturally nourishing ingredients that soften the skin, forming a protective coat over the lips and defending against them against the elements. Beeswax also has antibacterial properties and thus aids healing, making it ideal for soothing sore lips.
Beauty By The Geeks are always raving about the virtues of vitamin E, as its antioxidant properties protect against environmental free radicals. It’s also great for skin repair, helping the balm heal cracked lips.
To ensure this beautifying balm is super softening and moisturising, the Geek also added a little almond and jojoba oil into the mix. The oil base means that they're easily absorbed and help prevent loss of moisture from the lips. Honey is a wonderful natural moisturiser and preservative, which means your DIY lip balm will stay fresh for longer.
Why not try combining a few flavours in your luscious balm? We’d recommend cinnamon and sweet orange.