Joy of Veg Pancakes
- 125g flour
- 10g baking powder (2 teaspoons)
- 150 ml oat milk
- 2 Tablespoons Yondu Vegetable Umami
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded (50g)
- ½ small courgette, shredded (70g)
- 30g fresh spinach
- chopped 20g sunflower seeds (2 tablespoons)
- Black pepper and olive oil
1. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, oat milk and Yondu and stir until smooth. It will look a little thick, but don’t worry.
2. Add shredded carrot, courgette, spinach, sunflower seeds and black pepper (optional). Stir well and let rest for 4 minutes before cooking.
3. In a skillet over medium-low heat, drizzle a few drops of olive oil and make the pancakes as follows: Carefully place two tablespoons of batter in the skillet and shape the edges to make the pancakes as round as possible. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook 3 more minutes on the other side.
4. You can serve your Veg Joy pancakes with Mexican style pico de gallo: Chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped parsley, a drizzle of Yondu, a drizzle of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Notes/tips: For a gluten free version use your favourite gluten free flour but only 100g instead of 125g. You can also use whole wheat flour or any other flour that you like.