Living North’s Big New Year Quiz: Yorkshire Answers
Read on for the answers to our Big New Year Quiz for Yorkshire!
If you haven’t seen it yet, and want to have a go, you can find the full quiz here.
Read on to discover the answers below.
SECTION ONE ANSWERS
1. Don Bradman
4. Bee Hummingbird
The connection is… Rivers in Yorkshire
River Don, River Aire, River Tees, The Humber.
SECTION TWO ANSWERS
4. Heart beat
The connection is… TV Shows set in Yorkshire
Last of the Summer Wine, Downton Abbey, Emmerdale, Heartbeat.
SECTION THREE ANSWERS
2. Barnsley Chop
3. Harrow School
The connection is… Towns in Yorkshire
Hull, Barnsley, Harrogate, Wetherby
SECTION FOUR ANSWERS
1. Root Vegetable
3. Harry Truman
4. A Bear Market
The connection is… Yorkshire Cricketers
Joe Root, Sir Geoffrey Boycott, Fred Trueman, Jonny Bairstow
SECTION FIVE: PICTURE ROUND ANSWERS
1. Kalvin Phillips
3. William Wilberforce
5. Alex Turner
6. Doncaster Mansion House
7. The Full Monty
SECTION SIX: WHO AM I? ANSWERS
1. Sean Bean
2. Don Revie
3. Richard III
4. Rob Burrow
5. Jarvis Cocker
SECTION SEVEN: ARTS & CULTURE ANSWERS
1. Ripping Yarns
2. A wine cellar
3. A plane crash
4. Sir Cliff Richard
5. Surgeons. She was fascinated by their work after her daughter Sarah was hospitalised, and was invited to witness procedures in London and Exeter. Her drawings focused on their hands.
SECTION EIGHT: PUBLIC ART ANSWERS
1. Water Cascade, Sheaf Square, Sheffield
2. Peter Pan, Lister Park, Bradford
3. Coldstones Cut, Nidderdale
4. Hermes/The Spirit of Enterprise, University of Leeds
5. Levitating Woman ‘The Dreamer’, University of Leeds
6. Thomas Chippendale, Otley