One Pot Roast Chicken, Leeks and Peppers
Roast chicken is always a good idea
- 4 leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 400g pack baby onions, peeled
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary
- Few fresh thyme stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of Cooks&Co green olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Generous splash of white wine
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 whole chicken, jointed or chicken thighs
- 460g jar Cooks&Co roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Gorgonzola for topping (optional)
- Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped for serving
Preheat the oven to gas 6/200C/190C fan. Add the leeks to a large roasting tin, along with the garlic, baby onions and fresh herbs and scatter over the olives. Drizzle with the olive oil and season well.
Mix together the balsamic, white wine and honey. Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl, pour over the balsamic mix and using your hands combine well. Now tuck the chicken pieces in and around the leeks. Pour over remaining juice then put it in the oven for 40 mins.
Remove from oven and stir though the peppers, return it to the oven and cook for about a further 20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender. Check on the chicken occasionally and if it beginning to get too brown, cover the tray loosely with foil. If using, scatter over some gorgonzola for the last five minutes of cooking or until it begins to melt. Garnish with parsley to serve.