Potato Pancakes with Roasted Asparagus and Poached Eggs
- 12 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 400g mash potato
- 40g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1tbsp oil
- Poached eggs
- Small handful of chives, chopped, to garnish
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring a pan of water to a rolling boil. Add asparagus and blanch, for about one minute. Remove, drain and set aside. Pre-heat grill.
2. In a large bowl, combine mash, flour and egg and season generously with salt and pepper. Shape the potato mixture into pancakes, size depending on appetite, and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, combine asparagus with one tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under the grill for about five minutes, or until they begin to char, and blister.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon oil and cook until golden, about two minutes each side.
5. To serve, place two warm pancakes into the centre of your plate, topped with poached eggs and grilled asparagus and finish with a sprinkling of chives.