Union Jack Strawberry Trifle
Celebrate the Jubilee in style with this triumphant Union Jack strawberry trifle.
- 1 jar Cottage Delight Jubilee British Strawberry Jam
- 135g pack raspberry jelly
- 420g sponge Swiss roll
- 4tbsp cranberry juice
- 500g strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 480ml custard
- 360ml whipped cream
- Make your raspberry jelly in advance according to packet instructions. Pour it into a small rectangle or square baking tin, so it’s roughly one inch high. Leave it in the fridge to set.
- Chop your strawberries in half and then combine with raspberries and blueberries. Leave some fruit for decorating. Roughly chop your sponge Swiss role cake into 2cm slices and chop your jelly into 3cm squares.
- To assemble, line the bottom of a trifle bowl with half of your cake slices. Press slices half way up along the sides of the bowl. Drizzle cake slices with two tablespoons of cranberry juice.
- Add one third of the fresh fruit on top of cake, along with half of the jelly squares. Then, pour over half of the custard. Spoon over half of the jam evenly.
- Repeat with the remaining cake slices, drizzling over two tablespoons of cranberry juice again. Add one third of fresh fruit and all the remaining jelly squares.
- Pour over the leftover custard. Spoon over the rest of the jam and scatter the remaining fruit over the top. Cover the top with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for at least four to six hours or even better, overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, add whipped cream on top alongside leftover fruit to create a decorative Union Jack pattern.