Smoky Prawn & Avocado Tacos
- 150g red cabbage, sliced as finely as possible
- 1 shallot, sliced as finely as possible
- ½ lime, juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients chipotle paste
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 8 Santa Maria mini coconut tortillas
- 220g pack cooked Waitrose Extra Large King Prawns
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
1. Toss the cabbage and shallot in a bowl with the lime juice, honey and a good pinch of salt, then set aside. Mix the chipotle paste and soured cream in a separate bowl and set aside.
2. Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, then wrap in foil to keep warm. Leave the pan on the heat.
3. Pat the prawns dry on kitchen paper, then toss with the oil, paprika and a pinch of salt. Transfer to the pan and fry for a minute on each side, until just coloured. Pile into the warm tortillas with the cabbage and shallot, avocado and chilli soured cream. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over the tacos.
Recipe courtesy of Waitrose. Thousands of recipes can be found at www.waitrose.com/recipes